Saturday, February 21, 1998

Go For The Gold!

Editor's NOTE: This is a moldie oldie that I pulled from a text dump archive. None of the links will work anymore (or 99% won't) - but the names and companies have NOT changed.

Tara Lupinski and Monica Kwan. Done deal. All I can say is this: God bless them.

If you can do well, make the sacrifices these woman (girls?) have - then talk to me. To be the best in the world in something - anything - means that you give 100% all the time. Not for the cameras, not for the commercial endorsements, but for you. YOU. The end.

I just watched those fine young athletes get the gold. I watched as they mouthed the words to the Star Spangled Banner. I watched as the flag of the United States of America was raised (along with China!). Breath-taking.

We all have that ability in us. It may not be as public, as in-your-face as the Olympics. But we do. Business is people, people IS business. I would enourage you to be a "gold-medalist" today.

Tracy and Kwan - we in the U.S.A. are proud of you. Proud of your achievement. Proud of your sacrifices. Proud that we had the honor of being represented by people like you who gave not only your talents, but your lifestyle - for years and years - to represent our country.

My hat's off to you, and to all the Olympians - you DID GOOD regardless of where you "placed" in the end.

No comments:

Web Analytics